All personal photos are copyrighted. Unauthorized use of them is prohibited. Please contact me for any further information.

Tuesday 26 April 2016

A light in the black

As Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons once sang , Oh, what a night, late December, back in '63, what a very special time for me, as I remember, what a night. Except is wasn't December '63 it was just last night. Despite the conditions being a little lumpy up top and some surge down below, it was a great time to get some macro shots.

 
Starting with a very surprised looking squirrel fish at the 6m marker buoy. BOO!


And there were certainly plenty of tiny elysia crispata around in the vicinity as well. They were just hanging out and waving the in the current. Titchy little things.



A little bit further (ha!) a field at the 7m mark, there was a spectacular star eyed hermit crab. These things are so photogenic and this one had no problem sitting still for the camera and giving me it's all.



A short fin over to the mini wall turned up a minuscule flat worm but the current was pushing a bit so I'm ashamed to say I didn't get the absolute best photo you do what you can. This one looks like it has a tiny little isopod on the back (as far as I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong). Talk about small and smaller.


Oh, and not lets forget a juvenile octopus making a quick exit, scuttle left.


A little bit shallower proved to be a good place to watch a plethora of yellow spotted rays on the hunt for a late night snack.


 And quite a few blennies were out and about as well. It was a pretty lively night with all the usual suspects as you would expect. Another quality night dive at our favourite little dive spot.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment