All personal photos are copyrighted. Unauthorized use of them is prohibited. Please contact me for any further information.

Friday 2 August 2013

Unicorns of the sea

Now this is pretty spectacular. Reminds me of the tentacle alien from The Abyss film. This would be one of those rare encounters you'd definitely remember for a long time.



"So they’re giant, terrifying looking, and trolling through the depths of the ocean, waiting for you to swim in one end and get stuck.  Maybe. But fortunately, in addition to being slow moving filter feeders, they’re also delicate and fluffy. One diver described a pyrosome saying “it felt like an exquisitely soft feather boa”. And this is why I almost cried when I saw my first wee pyrosome.  Despite their improbable nature, these horrifying giants, the spawn of the worst movie villains, are actually delicate and fragile. The bizarre unicorns of the sea."

Link: HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment